The Cyprus Energy Regulatory Authority is an independent authority of the Republic of Cyprus and has executive powers and competences in the Energy Field.
The main statutory objectives of CERA are set out below:
• To encourage, promote and safeguard the healthy and substantial competition in the Electricity and Natural Gas Markets.
• To protect Consumers’ interests.
• To promote the development of economically viable and efficient Electricity and Natural Gas Markets.
• To ensure the Security, Continuation, Quality and Reliability of Electricity Supply.
• To take into consideration the Protection of the Environment.
• To encourage the efficient generation and use of Electricity.
• To promote the use of Renewable Energy Sources (RES).