All over Europe opening a bank account is time consuming and difficult procedure, as the Compliance Department requests more and more documentation.
The documents and information requested is on the basis on the provisions of the 4th Anti Money Laundering Directive (can be read in any language here). As Introducers to many Banks in Cyprus and Europe we can assist you open a corporate and a personal bank account.
The documents which are requested by the Bank’s Compliance Department for the Beneficial Owner(s) and the Company are set below:
- Certified copy of a valid international Passport or national Identification Card;
- Certified copy of the Proof of Address (must be not older than 3 months): Utility bills (electricity, gas, water, fixed phone bills or municipality service bills, but not mobile phone bill) and confirmations of Residence issued by Office for Registration of Residents are accepted as proof of address;
- Original reference from another bank;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Memorandum of Articles and Associations;
- Incorporation documents;
- Minutes or Registrar Extract showing the directors/secretary (if applicable)/shareholders;
- Ownership/group structure leading to the beneficial owner (diagrammatical or otherwise) (signed as the True structure of the company, by the company’s beneficial owner);
- Trust Deed(s) between the beneficial owner(s) and the registered shareholder;
- Extended company profile (incoming/outgoing payments, countries & counterparties of the company, source of wealth, annual turnover, nature of transactions, purpose for opening the bank account to Cyprus, tax identification number of the company).
Once the above are submitted along with the bank forms the banker will ask a face to face meeting with the client or a Skype interview. The main aim of the Compliance Department is to create an Economic Profile of the Client and to ensure that the transactions of the bank account are legitimate.
As Bank Introducers, we have a liability to avoid wrongful submission of information to the Bank. Thus, our work is to assist you as Client to open your bank account without trouble and to support the Bank to proceed quicker with the account opening.
Cyprus is a business centre and despite the difficulties through the years it has prove that the legal and economic system of the island of Aphrodite remains solid.
Should you need further information for bank account opening in Cyprus, please do not hesitate to contact us via telephone to +357 22667730 and/or email email@example.com.