articles | 04 June 2019

CNP Assurance acquires BoC stake in insurance operations

CNP CYPRUS INSURANCE HOLDINGS announces that its majority shareholder CNP ASSURANCES, which owns 50.1% of its share capital, came to an agreement with Bank of Cyprus to acquire the remaining 49.9% stake in CNP CYPRUS INSURANCE HOLDINGS.

The completion of this acquisition is subject to approval of the relevant regulatory authorities. Closing of the transaction is expected in the second half of 2019.

Xavier Larnaudie-Eiffel, Deputy CEO of CNP ASSURANCES and chairman of the board of CNP CYPRUS INSURANCE HOLDINGS stated:  “We are very pleased to conclude this transaction with Bank of Cyprus. The outcome will further strengthen the capacity of our subsidiary, a leader in Cyprus, to expand its business with the full support of our teams in Paris. We are very motivated to contribute prominently to the development of insurance market in Cyprus”.

Takis Phidia, CEO of CNP CYPRUS INSURANCE HOLDINGS stated: “this agreement empowers significantly the CNP CYPRUS Group in achieving new ambitious growth targets and consolidating new strategic developments”.


Cooperation Partners
  • Logo for Love Cyprus Deputy Ministry of Tourism
  • Logo for Cyprus Shipping Chamber
  • Logo for CYFA Cyprus
  • Logo for Invest Cyprus
  • Logo for Association of Cyprus Banks
  • Logo for Ministry of Energy, Commerce, Industry and Tourism
  • Logo for Cyprus International Businesses Association
  • Logo for Cyprus Investment Funds Association
  • Logo for Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry