Fulfilling its promise for a great network and great value, epic marks a rapid percentage increase in the company’s coverage and speeds, compared to 2018.
As the company’s investment plan to develop and upgrade its network, which exceeds €40 million, is being swiftly implemented, the results are already visible. Within one year:
- 4G coverage has increased by 4.50% reaching 97.55% of the population, while the overall mobile internet coverage has reached an impressive 99.97% in terms of population coverage and 99% in terms of geographical coverage.
- The increase in mobile internet speeds is also impressive, as the average download speed was increased by 53.5% and is expected to increase further by the end of the year.
- Moreover, more rural areas were added to the epic 4G network enabling residents of even the most remote villages to enjoy the possibilities offered by the digital age.
- At the same time, the investment has also upgraded the company’s voice services with a 99.8% success rate of uninterrupted calls and 99.77% of successful call placement. Epic is also offering now high definition calls among its subscribers, thanks to the HD Voice technology.
- During the same period, 200km of fiber optic cabling was installed nationwide, reaching 1,300km in total, upgrading the company’s services, especially to businesses.
- Epic was the first in Cyprus to present a mobile plan with unlimited minutes, unlimited SMS and 100GB of data at a low monthly fee.
Source: Cyprus Mail