Within the framework of its Corporate Responsibility Programme, PwC Cyprus announced its official cooperation with the University of Cyprus for the operation of a Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Institute, Chrysalis Leap, the first Cypriot clean tech accelerator, the Cyprus Business Angels Network (CYBAN), an Angel Investment Network, the Cypriot Enterprise Link (CEL), a youth-led organisation aiming to connect and support the Cypriot entrepreneurial talent and the Junior Achievement, a non-for profit organisation specialising in entrepreneurship education.
By providing free consultative services, volunteer action and offering technical and other support to these organisations, PwC supports a series of programmes and initiatives which encourage entrepreneurship and innovation, especially among the young:
- Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Institute at the University of Cyprus
- “Insights” conference (Cypriot Enterprise Link)
- “ClimateLaunchpad 2015” Business Ideas Competition (Chrysalis Leap)
- Connecting innovating fast growth companies to equity finance (Cyprus Business Angels Network, CYBAN)
- Educational Programmes in schools for youth (Junior Achievement)
“We are particularly proud that through the implementation of a targeted Corporate Responsibility Programme we contribute with the knowhow we have as an organisation to the overall effort for economic recovery,” said Evgenios C Evgeniou, CEO of PwC. “We are convinced that the road to growth passes through entrepreneurship, which is the reason we support organisations which aim to reinforce it, particularly among young people.”