Our law firm has been participating in, and hosting, a number of seminars, webinars and interviews. Details of some are as follows:
- A seminar presentation delivered by Menelaos Kesisoglou on 19.2.2020 at the University of Nicosia in the context of the series of seminars organized by Decentralized Nicosia Chapter. The title of the presentation was “The Liberation of real-world assets via Tokenization”. In his presentation, Mr. Kesisoglou shared part of his wider research on the concept of tokenization, by focusing on the examples of Real-Estate and Commodity tokenization and the arising legal challenges with regard to the transfer of ownership and the application of Sanctions on Decentralized Organizations. Further details about the event are given here.
- A webinar delivered by Charis Savvides and organized by TaxLinked on 28.2.2020. The topic of this webinar, which was a CPD accredited webinar, was “Blockchain & the Uberization of Law”. More details are shown here.
- Due to the unprecedented repercussions of Covid-19, the lockdown and the various urgent and extraordinary legal measures taken by the Government, our law firm launched an Information Hub to provide timely updates and easy access to every visitor of our website to the temporary emergency rules in Cyprus due to Covid-19. Many of the publications have been re-published, shared by Cypriot newspapers and online news platforms as particularly useful for every citizen and the community more broadly. To visit the information hum click here.
- In the context of advanced training and continuing professional development of its staff, Stelios Americanos & Co LLC organized three very informative webinars in April 2020, focused on some of the most highly regulated, yet developing business topics. The first of the three webinars was held on 14.4.2020 and it was delivered by our partner Charis Savvides, entitled “The Regulatory Framework of Funds in Cyprus”. The second webinar, “AML Regulation and Practices for Lawyers”, was held on 23.4.2020 and it was delivered by our lawyer and AML officer Andri Tasou. Our partner Andreas Michaelides hosted the third webinar on 27.4.2020, which covered the Common Reporting Standard (CRS) and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
- On 27.4.2020, Charis Savvides was interviewed through a video call by CoinNewsExtra, which is the largest media platform in Africa covering news, events and analyses about cryptocurrencies, blockchain and fintech. Charis Savvides was questioned about the current regulatory status and trends of blockchain and cryptocurrencies worldwide, while he also shared some of his expectations about the development of the technology and the crypto industry in Africa.